An Oriental rug is an elegant addition to any home, but like all rugs and carpets, requires regular cleaning and maintenance. Beyond simple vacuuming and spot-treatment, your taste of the east deserves a professional cleaning every couple of years.
OUR RUG CLEANING PROCESS:
First we check out the rug on a minute level, measuring and inspecting for spots, stains, burns or even holes. We perform pH and dye transfer tests to ensure that we do not cause damage to your rug in the process of cleaning it. We then execute a preliminary vacuum to remove any hidden loose dirt or pet hair, using our high-impact dusting system: Rugbadger®. Next we pre-spot the rug in order to break down set-in stains. As always, we use a specially-formulated shampoo-cleanser before breaking out our triple-planetary rotary machine to clear away any remaining debris. Last, we perform a hot-water vacuum rinse. We quick-dry your rug while cleaning up the rest of our materials.
If your rug has fringes around the sides, our professional rug and carpet cleaning crew will carefully brush them out and shampoo them to restore their original color and texture.
BETWEEN PROFESSIONAL CLEANSES:
There are a few steps you can take at home to ensure that your rug remains beautiful between professional cleanings.
- Turn/Rotate your Oriental rug occasionally to keep one side from being exposed to the sun continuously.
- Take action against stains and spills immediately
- Wax: cover spilled wax with brown paper bag and hold an iron over top. Move the iron constantly to avoid burning the rug and pull away when wax has absorbed into blotting paper.
- Gum: Press an ice cube against gum until it becomes cold and brittle. You should be able to remove most of it; use spot cleaner, vinegar or alcohol to clear away any traces.
- Ink: Spray spot with hairspray, wait for it to dry and then brush gently with a mixture of vinegar and water.
Rug Cleaning in Virginia Beach
Call Dry-N-Clean today to take care of your Oriental rug in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Suffolk and Portsmouth. Call us to schedule professional rug cleaning today. We offer rug and carpet cleaning services to the residents of Hampton Roads.
CONTACT US TO SET UP AN APPOINTMENT
Allen’s Dry-N-Clean Carpet Cleaning
5045 Admiral Wright Rd #109, Virginia Beach, VA 23462
FIND OUT HOW TO $AVE
- We know how important it is for our customers to get the best deal possible.
- That is why Dry-N-Clean is currently offering a multitude of online discounts to suit your budgetary needs.